Evangelical Congregational Churches of Brazil
Linha 4 Leste
RS Brazil (Südamerika) Telefon: +55 55 522-2093 AdressNr.: 1281 / 2309
In 1920 Congregationalist missionaries from Argentina began to work in Brazil, entering through the state Rio Grande of the South. The church which resulted from this effort acquired autonomy in 1942. The church developed and began to spread also to other states. In the seventies a missionary outreach took place to Paraguay; in the border region new communities were planted (cf. Paraguay no. 3). In this church women play an important role. Though they cannot be ordained for the ministry they share in church government and participate with voice and vote both in regional synods and the General Assembly.
Note: We did not manage to contact this church. Therefore, we cannot exclude that its address has changed or that the church does not exist any more. Whoever has information about this church may contact us. We will be happy to update our information.
Statistik der Kirche
(Gemeinden im Werden): 375
Frauenordination nicht üblich
keine diakonische Einrichtungen vorhanden
Missionare im Ausland tätig
Kinder- und Gläubigentaufe
Keine Informationen über Taufpaten
pro Jahr: 0
keine Angabe über die Herausgabe eigener Zeitschriften