The church was started in 1948 by missionaries of the IBPFM and was until 1963 called the Independent Presbyterian Mission. The split in 1956 within the Bible Presbyterian Church in the US also caused a split within the Church of Kenya in 1960. A minority group left and set up the African Evangelical Presbyterian Church (cf. below, no. 4). Since 1964 the Independent Presbyterian Church has been self-governing and carried its present name. Following a dispute in 1984 with the mission on “questions of ecclesiastical compromise” a number of parishes left and organized themselves under the same name of Independent Presbyterian Church of Kenya but without any relations with the parent body. In 1984 the Independent Presbyterian Church joined with other churches of the EACA in founding the Faith College of the Bible.
Note: We did not manage to contact this church. Therefore, we cannot exclude that its address has changed or that the church does not exist any more. Whoever has information about this church may contact us. We will be happy to update our information.
Statistik der Kirche
(Gemeinden im Werden): 0
Frauenordination nicht üblich
keine diakonische Einrichtungen vorhanden
keine Missionare im Ausland tätig
Kinder- und Gläubigentaufe
Keine Informationen über Taufpaten
pro Jahr: 12
keine Angabe über die Herausgabe eigener Zeitschriften
sonstige Schulen in Trägerschaft
session, classis, Presbytery, Synod; only up to national level