Kosciol Ewangelicko-Reformowany w Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej
Evangelical Reformed Church in Poland
AI. Solidarnosci 76 A
Teléfono: +48 22 831 45 22
Fax: +48 22 831 08 27
No: 1458 / 6395
informaciones en la red:
idiomas disponibles en el sitio: Polish, documents also in English and German
The beginnings of the Reformed Church in Poland go back to the 1540s, when the teaching of the Swiss Reformers Zwingli and Calvin began to penetrate the country. The return of Jan Laski (1499-1560) to Poland, famous for his reforming activities in Western Europe, strengthened the young church. In 1570 three churches - the Ref, Luth, and the Czech Brethren - adopted the Consensus of Sandomir, which allowed them to unite their forces. For some decades the Reformation movement constituted an important factor in the national life of Poland. The Counter-Reformation not only put an end to the Reformation's expansion but led to its marginalization. In the 18th century, when the rights of dissenters were recognized (1768), the church was reconstituted and was able to continue its witness despite the loss of national independence (1795-1918). During this period the Reformed community in Lithuania became an independent church. Today the church in Poland is a small minority. Three elements constitute its membership: native Polish people, immigrants from Western Europe, and Czech Brethren who are the descendants of groups seeking refuge in Poland in the 18th century because of religious persecution in their country. They each preserve their own language and customs.
The church provides the Polish Army with chaplaincy services. Also, just recently the Mission Department has been created.
1. Diaconal Service 1 (Warsaw Parish)
2. House of Care "Betania" in the gestion of the Warsaw Parish
datos de la iglesia
miembros, instituciones representantes y contrapartes:
última actualización: 02.03.2006
» volver a la lista