PAGE D'ACCUEIL    ADRESSES    CONTENU    DIALOGUE    Á PROPOS DE NOUS 
 

 
 
ADRESSES
 
RECHERCHE SIMPLE
ÉGLISES
BIBLIOTHÈQUES
ÉCOLES THÉOLOGIQUES

 

 

Eglise presbytérienne camerounaise
(Version imprimable | Corriger les données)

Presbyterian Church of Cameroon
B.P. 519
Yaounde
Cameroon (Afrique)
Téléphone: +237 220 6472
Fax: +237 220 6472
E-mail: epcam_57@yahoo.fr
sallabondo@yahoo.fr

N° de l'adresse: 12103 / 1030

In 1875 American Presb who had been active in Gabun since l871 established themselves in Batanga, Southern Cameroon. In 1884 the area came under German influence. Four years later the Presbyterian Board of Mission asked the German government for permission to extend their work into Cameroon. The request was granted on certain conditions; the German government specifically insisted on the use of German in mission schools. In 1892 work started among the Bulu people; the first converts were baptized in 1900. In 1897 a mission station was opened in Lolodorf. Between 1898 and 1901 an uprising took place among the Bulu people who sought to defend their trade monopoly against competing caravans from Yaoundé to the port of Kribi. In the course of events the Germans confiscated the American mission station in Lolodorf because of its strategic location. In response to protests by the US government the mission was compensated for the damages. But the relations between the colonial authorities and the American mission dete-riorated. Their schools did not receive any subsidies, and their students were not admitted to German examinations. The American Mission sought to improve its situation by recruiting German-speaking missionaries. Stations were opened in Elat (1895), Lolodorf (1897), Metet (1901), Foulassi (1916), Yaoundé (1922), Bafia (1924), Abong Mbang (1926), Momjepom (1935), and Batouri (1940). By 1894 the Bible and some hymns had been translated into Bulu. In 1920 the Paris Mission handed over to the American Mission the former Basel Mission area around Edea and the upper Sanaga extending to Sakbayene with 94 congr. Since the Bassa people in this region refused to adopt the Bulu language, efforts were made to translate the Bible into their own language (1960).
In 1957 the EPC was granted autonomy. At the time of independence the Church numbered about 69,000 members with 79 African pastors. Outstanding leadership was given by Moubitang, Jega, and Albert Nyemb. In May 1997 one synod has been split into two, making a total of 5 synods (Municam, Bassa, East, Center, and Metet).
 


 


Données statistiques sur l'église

Membres
total: 600000
paroisses
(traditionnel): 500
Études bibliques
(Paroisses naissantes): 2637
Ordonnés
total: 387
 
Existence de l'ordination des femmes
Anciens
total: 0
Diacres
total: 0
  Existence d'institutions diaconales
Missionaires
total: 0
 
Existence de missionnaires à l'étranger
Baptême
Baptême des enfants et des adultes
Parrains
Pas d'information sur les parrains
Eucharistie
par an: 6
Publications
Pas d'information concernant la publication de magazines
Institutions de formation théologiques

 
Nombre: 2

Écoles généralistes
Existence d'autres écoles sous l'autorité de l'église
Année de fondation
1997
Structure de l'organisation
19 Classes, 5 Synods
Langues officielles
  • French
Confessions appliquées
  • Catéchisme de Heidelberg (1563)
  • Confession de foi de Nicée (381)
  • Confession de Westminster (1646/47)
  • Credo apostolique
Affiliations

Contacts internationaux

 

dernière actualisation des données: 01.03.2006
»
retour à la liste

J'aimerais apporter les corrections suivantes à ces données:

 
 

 ACTUALITÉ   MONDE ENTIER   ARM   BIBLIOTHÉQUE   FORMATION COMPLÉMENTAIRE   ENCYCLOPÉDIE   LIENS 
 
nach oben

Copyright © 2002 reformiert online
Stiftung Johannes a Lasco Bibliothek Grosse Kirche Emden
Kirchstrasse 22, 26721 Emden, Deutschland
Telefon: 04921 - 9150 - 0, Telefax: 04921 - 9150 - 50
Internet: http://www.reformiert-online.net
Email: fasse@reformiert-online.de
nach oben