Fiangonan'i Jesoa Kristy Eto Madagasikara
(Version imprimable | Corriger les données)

Church of Jesus Christ in Madagascar
Eglise de Jésus-Christ à Madagascar
BP 623
Antananarivo 101
Madagascar (Afrique)
Téléphone: +261 20 22 26845, 30253, 33775
Fax: +261 20 22 26372, 27033
N° de l'adresse: 13205 / 1100

After the Second World War the churches began to become independent. In 1958 the churches founded by the LMS and by French mission efforts constituted themselves respectively as the Church of Christ in Madagascar and the Evangelical Church in Madagascar; the Quaker mission was transformed into the Malagasy Friends’ Church. Since the three groups were very close in doctrine and outlook, they decided to form a single church. In August 1968, during the commemoration celebration of the 150th anniversary of the arrival of Prot missions, the Church of Jesus Christ in Madagascar was inaugurated. The church was not immediately recognized by the state. The conflict centered on an article of the church constitution stipulating that the state had no right to make its authority manifest within church buildings; the government wanted agreement that, on the occasion of ceremonies at which state representatives were present, the national flag would be exhibited. The church was recognized only after the fall of the first republic. In 1972 the synod agreed to hand over church primary schools to the state as a contribution to general education. In the same year a central fund was created to assure the same salaries for all pastors. In the following years the church sought to become self-supporting. The church did not employ any more expatriate personnel; financially, however, the church remained heavily dependent on foreign church aid (25% of its total expenditures, nearly 100% of all development projects). In 1980 the National Council of Christian Churches in Madagascar was founded (together with the RCath, Angl, and Luth churches). Efforts were made to unify Christian language, in particular to agree on a common version of the name of Christ — the name of Jesus Christ was changed from Jesosy Kristy into Jesoa Kristy. In 1991 the Church, together with other churches, took an active part in the fall of the second republic and in the development of the new constitution of the third republic. The church is active in many fields. Since 1990 activities have been focused in four areas: a) church, ministry, and evangelization; b) Christian education and schooling; c) administration; d) development and finances. Among new spiritual developments, the creation of the community of sisters of Mamre deserves special mention.


Données statistiques sur l'église

total: 2500000
(traditionnel): 4510
Études bibliques
(Paroisses naissantes): 0
total: 900
Existence de l'ordination des femmes
total: 0
total: 0
  Existence d'institutions diaconales
total: 0
Existence de missionnaires à l'étranger
Baptême des enfants et des adultes
Pas d'information sur les parrains
par an: 12
Pas d'information concernant la publication de magazines
Institutions de formation théologiques

Nombre: 4

Écoles généralistes
Existence d'autres écoles sous l'autorité de l'église
Année de fondation
Structure de l'organisation
Parish, 35 regional Synods, General Synod (every 4 years)
Langues officielles
  • Malagsay
Confessions appliquées
  • Confession de foi d'Athanase
  • Confession de foi de Nicée (381)
  • Credo apostolique

Contacts internationaux


dernière actualisation des données: 08.02.2006
retour à la liste

J'aimerais apporter les corrections suivantes à ces données:


nach oben

Copyright © 2002 reformiert online
Stiftung Johannes a Lasco Bibliothek Grosse Kirche Emden
Kirchstrasse 22, 26721 Emden, Deutschland
Telefon: 04921 - 9150 - 0, Telefax: 04921 - 9150 - 50
nach oben