PAGE D'ACCUEIL    ADRESSES    CONTENU    DIALOGUE    Á PROPOS DE NOUS 
 

 
 
ADRESSES
 
RECHERCHE SIMPLE
ÉGLISES
BIBLIOTHÈQUES
ÉCOLES THÉOLOGIQUES

 

 

Presbyterian Church of East Africa
(Version imprimable | Corriger les données)

PO Box 27573-00506 Myayo Stadium
Nairobi G.P.O.
Kenya (Afrique)
Téléphone: +254 20 603 608, 608 848
Fax: +254 20 609 102
E-mail: info@pcea.or.ke
N° de l'adresse: 1390 / 1070

Informations sur Internet:

URL: http://www.pcea.or.ke
Langues du site Web: English

This church grew out of a private venture. In 1891 a group of missionaries established a station at Kibwezi. At the end of the century, a new site was chosen in Kikuyu. In 1901 the Church of Scotland took responsibility for the work, continuing to combine evangelistic, educational, medical, and agricultural work. The development of the church was slow. The first baptism took place in 1907, and by 1913 membership had grown to only 87. In 1920 the first Kikuyu Kirk Session was set up which, together with the (white) Nairobi Kirk Session, formed the Presbytery of Kenya Colony. In 1926 the first eight Kenyans were ordained to the ministry (three came from Thoyoto, five from Tumutumu). In 1929 the issue of female cir-cumcision led to a controversy both in the church and the public arena. The decision of the church to declare circumcision incompatible with the Christian faith was regarded by Kikuyu leaders as an interference with their traditional customs and was rejected. Gradually church leadership passed into African hands. In 1945 the presby of Chania, which had resulted from the work of the (American) Gospel Missionary Society, became part of the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. In the ’40s and ’50s membership quickly rose, and in 1956 the church became fully inde-pendent, with a new constitution. The independent church also included the (white) Overseas Presbytery of Kenya (with a congregation in Dar es Salaam and one in Kampala), which had constituted itself separately in 1936. In 1964 the first Kenyan General Secretary, John Gatu, was appointed (1964-1979).
 

Note: We did not manage to contact this church. Therefore, we cannot exclude that its address has changed or that the church does not exist any more.
Whoever has information about this church may contact us. We will be happy to update our information.
 


Données statistiques sur l'église

Membres
total: 3000000
paroisses
(traditionnel): 1020
Études bibliques
(Paroisses naissantes): 0
Ordonnés
total: 300
 
Existence de l'ordination des femmes
Anciens
total: 0
Diacres
total: 0
  Existence d'institutions diaconales
Missionaires
total: 0
 
Existence de missionnaires à l'étranger
Baptême
Baptême des enfants et des adultes
Parrains
Pas d'information sur les parrains
Eucharistie
par an: 12
Publications
Pas d'information concernant la publication de magazines
Institutions de formation théologiques

 
Nombre: 5

Écoles généralistes
Existence d'autres écoles sous l'autorité de l'église
Année de fondation
1956
Structure de l'organisation
Parishes, Presbytery, General Assembly
Langues officielles
  • English
  • Swahili
  • Meru
  • Kiswahili
  • Kikamba
  • Gikuyu
  • Kimeru
  • Masai
Confessions appliquées
  • Confession de foi de Nicée (381)
  • Confession de Westminster (1646/47)
  • Credo apostolique
Partenariats
Affiliations

Contacts internationaux

Membres, autorités responsables et partenaires:

 

dernière actualisation des données: 01.03.2006
»
retour à la liste

J'aimerais apporter les corrections suivantes à ces données:

 
 

 ACTUALITÉ   MONDE ENTIER   ARM   BIBLIOTHÉQUE   FORMATION COMPLÉMENTAIRE   ENCYCLOPÉDIE   LIENS 
 
nach oben

Copyright © 2002 reformiert online
Stiftung Johannes a Lasco Bibliothek Grosse Kirche Emden
Kirchstrasse 22, 26721 Emden, Deutschland
Telefon: 04921 - 9150 - 0, Telefax: 04921 - 9150 - 50
Internet: http://www.reformiert-online.net
Email: fasse@reformiert-online.de
nach oben