Eglise presbytérienne camerounaise
(Impresión | corregir datos)

Presbyterian Church of Cameroon
B.P. 519
Cameroon (Africa)
Teléfono: +237 220 6472
Fax: +237 220 6472
E-Mail: epcam_57@yahoo.fr

No: 12103 / 1030

In 1875 American Presb who had been active in Gabun since l871 established themselves in Batanga, Southern Cameroon. In 1884 the area came under German influence. Four years later the Presbyterian Board of Mission asked the German government for permission to extend their work into Cameroon. The request was granted on certain conditions; the German government specifically insisted on the use of German in mission schools. In 1892 work started among the Bulu people; the first converts were baptized in 1900. In 1897 a mission station was opened in Lolodorf. Between 1898 and 1901 an uprising took place among the Bulu people who sought to defend their trade monopoly against competing caravans from Yaoundé to the port of Kribi. In the course of events the Germans confiscated the American mission station in Lolodorf because of its strategic location. In response to protests by the US government the mission was compensated for the damages. But the relations between the colonial authorities and the American mission dete-riorated. Their schools did not receive any subsidies, and their students were not admitted to German examinations. The American Mission sought to improve its situation by recruiting German-speaking missionaries. Stations were opened in Elat (1895), Lolodorf (1897), Metet (1901), Foulassi (1916), Yaoundé (1922), Bafia (1924), Abong Mbang (1926), Momjepom (1935), and Batouri (1940). By 1894 the Bible and some hymns had been translated into Bulu. In 1920 the Paris Mission handed over to the American Mission the former Basel Mission area around Edea and the upper Sanaga extending to Sakbayene with 94 congr. Since the Bassa people in this region refused to adopt the Bulu language, efforts were made to translate the Bible into their own language (1960).
In 1957 the EPC was granted autonomy. At the time of independence the Church numbered about 69,000 members with 79 African pastors. Outstanding leadership was given by Moubitang, Jega, and Albert Nyemb. In May 1997 one synod has been split into two, making a total of 5 synods (Municam, Bassa, East, Center, and Metet).


datos de la iglesia

total: 600000
(tradicional): 500
comunidades domésticas
(comunidades en desarrollo): 2637
total: 387
la ordenación de mujeres para el ministerio es usual
total: 0
total: 0
  existen instituciones diaconales
total: 0
existe labor misionera en el extranjero
bautismo de niños y creyentes
padrinos de bautizo
no hay informaciones acerca de padrinos
Santa Cena
por año: 6
no hay informaciones acerca de la edición de revistas propias
instituciones de formación teológica

número: 2

colegios científico-humanistas
existen otros colegios
año de fundación
estructura organizacional
19 Classes, 5 Synods
idiomas oficiales
  • French
  • Catecismo de Heidelberg (1563)
  • Confesión de Westminster (1646/47)
  • Credo de los Apóstoles
  • Credo Niceno (381)
participación en

asociaciones internacionales


última actualización: 01.03.2006
volver a la lista

Quisiera informarles las siguientes correcciones acerca de estos datos:


nach oben

Copyright © 2002 reformiert online
Stiftung Johannes a Lasco Bibliothek Grosse Kirche Emden
Kirchstrasse 22, 26721 Emden, Deutschland
Telefon: 04921 - 9150 - 0, Telefax: 04921 - 9150 - 50
Internet: http://www.reformiert-online.net
Email: fasse@reformiert-online.de
nach oben