Iglesia Evangélica Dominicana
Dominican Evangelical Church
Rosa Duarte 41-A, Apto, 727
Santo Domingo (Antillas Mayores)
Dominican Republic (América del Norte)
Teléfono: +1 809 682 4945, 688 8696
Fax: +1 809 689 4088
No: 12166 / 3325
informaciones en la red:
idiomas disponibles en el sitio: Spanish
In 1919 three North American missions meeting in New York — Methodist, Presb, and United Brethren — organized the Alliance for Christian Service in Santo Domingo. Their aim was to work toward an indigenous church in Santo Domingo. In January 1922 the Dominican Evangelical Church was founded with, at that time, 29 baptized adult members. The church quickly grew and spread over the whole country. In 1932 the church united with the Wesleyan Methodists, and in 1960 with the Moravians. By the time of World War II it had a little more than one thousand members. Today it is the second largest Prot church in the Republic. The church is independent and selfsupporting.
Note: We did not manage to contact this church. Therefore, we cannot exclude that its address has changed or that the church does not exist any more.
Whoever has information about this church may contact us. We will be happy to update our information.
datos de la iglesia
última actualización: 09.02.2006
» volver a la lista